Saturday, December 17, 2016

Scooters Coffehouse



When I go on business travel, I know I will miss one thing dearly when I am away, and will have to settle for something that is not comparable. Scooters Coffeehouse! Scooter's is like another Starbucks, or is how it would be described by the average coffee drinker. To others it is so much more. Scooter's mission as a company back in 1998 when it started as a drive thru coffeehouse in Bellevue, Nebraska. Co-founders Don and Linda Eckles wanted to provide a quality experience through their mission as a company to:



"Find a great location and stay committed to high-quality drinks, speed of service, and a BIG smile. Scooter’s is fortunate to have nearly two decades of success due to its commitment to the original business principles and company core values. Amazing People, Serving Amazing Drinks… Amazingly Fast."


That is quite the mission to live up to I would say!  Do they meet their own expectations?

Yes they do in my opinion. Which is just an opinion. Though Scooters has won me over as a frequent flyer customer due to their customer service, speed, and quality of taste in both their beverage selections and their different bakery, and hot food items. Though it doesn't mean all is perfect either, even a loyal customer can find a flaw or two, no matter how biased he may be. It is a very clean establishment for the most part, but every time I go in the store I notice a plate here and there on a table leftover, or a spill somewhere. They clean it up, it is just a busy coffeehouse. Sometimes I wounder if people go to work at some points in the day that is how crowded it can be at times.

Another thing is for me anyways, I feel I get more out of my money at Scooters compared to Starbucks. More selections, better service, and quick BUT efficient in getting out your order.

When I arrive to Scooters for the first time in the day I am always greeted by name by the barista who is at the counter. They have always in my eyes maintained a professional but also friendly attitude. They are always happy to see a customer walk in the door, and if you frequent enough they will start to get to know you in return.  Usually I stick to my normal large earl grey tea, with raspberry flavoring in it, but sometimes I will change it up to the drink they are most known for:  



THE CARAMELICIOUS. It is a nice warm beverage in the winter using Scooter’s World-Class Espresso which is fused with rich, velvety caramel sauce, homemade caramel and hot, texturized milk. This delicious masterpiece is then topped with whip cream and drizzled with caramel sauce., and is a popular pick among many consumers who visit the establishment. The only time I ever feel rushed to place my order is when someone is standing behind me, otherwise i never feel rushed, I usually have a small conversation with the barista!

Every morning they put out fresh bakery items, one of my favorites is the Orange and Cranberry Scone, but be sure to have it warmed up, tastes better that way personally to me. They also have a good selection of muffins, cookies, and scones. In addition they also offer other "small" food items such as their yogurt parfait (but only at select locations I have come to discover).

Although my all time favorite food item they offer is their Spicy Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Cabita roll breakfast sandwich. They also offer turkey sausage, and bacon. I have tried all three. The bacon is not a favorite of mine, and I do love bacon like any other person, just not on this sandwhich, to me it just doesn't compare than the other two options. Turkey sausage is good, but a little to lean for my liking, but the spicy sausage always hits the spot, and goes well with a nice warm cup of tea or their in house brew coffee's. Some locations also serve a spicy sausage, egg, and cheese burrito, but its size is very small, and is more of a snack item to pick up in the morning if your not wanting a big breakfast. So for a coffeehouse they do offer quite a bit of a food selection, even though its more pastries and bakery items. A little sugar to top off the caffeine never hurts right!

If you decide to go into the coffeehouse itself, instead of driving thru, you will find they are all very well kept up and clean. Even the restrooms are nice and spotless. The men's room is almost like walking into a restroom in a Marriott hotel lobby. That says something alone in my opinion. The atmosphere is nice and quite. It is a good place to go take your laptop and go work for a couple of hours.


The one complaint I had over the years I have been going to Scooters is that they did not have a rewards program, such as buy 10 drinks, get one free type deal. Well I cant complain about that no more because on Dec. 13th, 2016 Scooters released an App for iPhone and android users. You buy a gift-card and load it on your phone. Once it is loaded you can either ditch or keep the card to use still if you want. I keep mine as a backup but now pay by my phone to get the stickers you earn after spending $5.00. To get a free beverage you need to spend around $60.00 total. It was a very nice addition to their company.

I highly suggest you stop by Scooters sometime this week if you have never been. Before you know it, you will be saying "remember the time we went to Starbucks..."

My final rating:
  • Staff and Customer Service: 5/5
  • Cleanliness: 4/5
  • Atmosphere: 5/5
  • Drink Quality: 5/5
  • Food Quality: 4/5
  • Speed: 4/5
My overall rating can be described in one word...Excellent!










No comments:

Post a Comment