Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Greenfield Cafe: December 20, 2016

Greenfield's Cafe Review: December 19th, 2016


87th and Hwy 2 across from Walmart.
Hours of Operation:
7am to 9pm Daily
7am to 10 pm Friday and Saturday
Extended hours on weekends in the summer
 
Photo Provided By: Greenfield's
Greenfields Cafe is one of my favored places to visit in Lincoln for breakfast. Once upon a time it was IHOP, before it was transformed into Greenfield's Cafe. I have many reasons this is a favorite place of mine, and I will revisit this review later on in the year, trying different dishes they offer. The service has always been exceptional; no matter what waitress is assigned to your table.

So what should we know about Greenfield's Cafe? Greenfield's serves fresh casual style breakfasts and delicious lunches and dinners. Where breakfast is served anytime at Greenfield’s. Enjoy Greenfield’s specialty omelets, waffles, pancakes, eggs, delicious bacon and much more! For lunch or dinner, try their comfort food, they make a mean meatloaf and chicken fried steak dinners (a favorite of my brother's when he visits) and also soup, and sandwich combos. 

The owner made it a point to introduce himself and also lets me pick my seat anywhere in the dining room. The restaurant is owned by a Christian pastor and his family, who took a leave of absence from being a pastor to go into the restaurant business. The family also owns Davinchi's Restaurant which is a popular Italian local bistro in town. They stand on Christian morals and beliefs, where there is a special joy we have in serving their gusts and they want their customers to feel welcome and invite you to be a part of their extended family. 

Photo Provided By: Greenfield's
They have a large main dining room on the left, and on the right is a smaller dining room, which is not used more until the evening hours. It has a nice ambience about the restaurant. It is not loud, but quite. The lighting is not to bright or too dim. The place has always been clean when I come in to visit. The kitchen is well kept up, as well as it's restrooms. If it is nice outside and you would rather eat outside, be sure to ask for one of their covered patio seats, where you can eat great food, while taking in fresh air. 

On my recent visit, I made sure to take notice of time, quality, speed, service, plating, and cleanliness. All important things one might notice when eating out, which can either make or break the experience.

I arrived at 8:40am. I was greeted by Dawn who was my server that day. She had me seated within 18 seconds of walking in the door and had my drink order ready within seconds as well. Which was a cup of earl grey tea, and a pot of extra water for refills. In addition to cream and sweetener, she had it down! Within 2 minutes of my arrival my order was taken, the classic French toast. I didn't have to utter a word but hello and how is your morning going!? They knew that order too.  My drink was refilled four times over my visit, which was frequent and more than enough for my caffeine fill for the morning.

Within 9 minutes my food was served. I ordered the classic French toast with blueberry compote and whipped cream, topped with blueberry syrup.
Quite the sweet dish. I mixed ingredients from the Belgium Waffle (compote and whipped cream) and use it on the French toast instead of butter and powdered sugar. In addition, I got 1 classic egg over medium, and a side of hash browns with hot sauce. I make myself a "haystack" mix with the eggs and hash browns topped with a little bit of spice for a kick. While the French toast was prepared wrong, they took it back and made a fresh plate within 7 minutes and it was delicious. While swift on turnaround time, the quality is fantastic, and taking pleasure in every last bite. 

Dawn made sure many different times that my cup and tea kettle were refilled, and going a step further spent time to chat with me and over the past month or two, has gotten to know me some. I am one of their frequent flyers so were getting on a first name basis now. All of the girls who work there are awesome and so kind. They keep checking in on you and make sure you have all that you need. She mentioned she was worried that I didn't come in to eat this week yet and wanted to make sure all was ok, which was very nice. I didn't know I was missed. 

I can see myself going to Greenfields for years to come, it is a peaceful place to go and eat in the morning, and from time to time you will see the occasional business person working on their laptop, or having company meetings. Once I myself had a business meeting there with the university. She suggested Greenfields because it would be quite and we could get more accomplished. If I too would need to have an early business meeting involving food (which is always a plus) I would choose Greenfields as a top pick to do so. Plus, you can’t go wrong with its food or service. When I go with my family. My brother usually orders the homemade country fried steak, while my mother will usually go with the sweat potato hash dish. My dad will usually choose something different each time we visit as a family, which is around 5-7 times a year.

I obviously go much more. My only complaint is very small and might not matter at all to others. 
The tea kettle for hot water leaks a little too much. Often when pouring, even though the lid is completely shut and sealed, the pot leaks out about half of its water volume. So either you pour slow and let it get cold flowing down into your cup, or it ends up on the table. The one napkin provided for your food is then soaked. Which usually results in asking the server to comeback with more napkins or a rag. I also think the silver pot could be replaced with something a little classier for their establishment. Like a small black tea kettle, which would add a little more class to the restaurant when sitting on the table. Like I said that is a very small complaint and one that is often overlooked by myself as well.

I highly suggest you visit Greenfields for a meal. You will want to return one day, or that is my thought at least. Their deserts are also very good and fresh. Gordon Ramsey might have a hard time criticizing their kitchen because it is spotless, and open on both sides of the dining rooms. 

Final Review

  • Service: 5/5 Frequently checked in on, refills often on drinks, they give you more than two seconds to eat before asking you how your food is, the staff is very nice all around which provides a better customer service experience.
  • Food: 5/5 Many different selections from breakfast to dinner, and desert. All look and come out homemade

  • Quality: 5/5 Food is prepared like it a home cooked meal and delivers the same satisfaction

  • Cleanness: 5/5 Kitchen and dining room are always clean or spotless--anytime of day

Be sure to follow us on Twitter @ajabofoodblog or email us your suggestions at: jablonskifoodblog@gmail.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment